Rules and Regulations
The various functions of water districts are governed by many different documents. Some which may be of interest to our water users are:
- Bylaws of Heceta Water District
- Policies of Heceta Water District
- Oregon Revised Statutes, Chapter 198, Special Districts
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality: Clear Lake Source Water Assessment Summary and Map (PDF) - Heceta Water District's Drinking Water Protection Area and Potential Contamination Sources (PWS 4100301)
Federal regulations which apply to the Clear Lake Watershed include:
- Federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA) - regulates underground storage tanks, a significant source of groundwater pollution.
- Federal Clean Water Act - focuses primarily on controlling the discharge of pollutants into surface waters.
- Federal Safe Drinking Water Act - protects drinking water supplied by public water systems (serving 25 or more people).